Saturday, April 14, 2018

Short

Today I rode into town to get some groceries and a bike lock.  Just like home, there is one stop shopping here in Boquete Panama.  In this case it was in a store called Mandarin.

It is Saturday of course, and there evidently something like a farmer's market going on.  There were a lot a sidewalk stalls set up, and a good crowd of people wandering around. I didn't think to get a photo of all that activity, instead I took a photo of flowers.


The Rio Caldera lies just off the left side of this photo.

   After getting my supplies I rode back UP the hill. 450 ft in 1 mile is pretty tough on this old guy, but I did manage to pedal the whole thing.  However, I noticed that I was only slightly faster than these guys, also going up the hill.


At home I struggle to keep my Red Ti plant growing.  Here they grow wild, like weeds.

All it takes is a minimum temperature of 50F, and copious sunshine to keep the red color.  Easy here, not so easy in NW Oregon.



........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ......2.................0.................0....................0..............2
Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26
Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7
March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5
April.......0.................0...............13.....................0...............13
YTD.........49...............0................2.....................0.............51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.