Thursday, May 11, 2017

Riding Fixed in LA

I arrived in Los Angeles in advance of the Southern California RAAM Challenge, where I'll be helping out Steven Burns.  I had an hour before I was to meet him, so I unloaded the bike and went for a little ride. As I pedaled around the neighborhood I remembered seeing something on Youtube a few years ago about the fixie culture in LA.  I can't locate that video now, but it was a documentary style clip where riders belonging to the group "Wolf Pack Hustle" introduced themselves, "I'm 'loco Annie', I ride fixed in LA". I'm 'fast Fred', and I ride fixed in LA". Then you watched the folks show some pretty badazzed fixed gear skills as they rode alley cat races in the automobile centric streets of Los Angeles.

So today I introduced myself silently "I'm Desert Coyote, and I ride fixed in LA", though much slower and in tourist mode. LOL!



I came to some interesting paths that I thought I might ride, but noted that down that list of rules that "promote enjoyment of all" was a rule that said no bikes.




After puttering around a bit I stopped at Hop Daddy Burger Bar and had one of the best burgers I've ever had and a cold Angels IPA.



After topping off my tank I pedaled back to meet Steven.  It's time to convert a rental minivan into a bike race support vehicle!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

............Road Bike........Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ............6................0....................0........................0............6
Jan..............304...............15...................0......................31..........350
Feb................0..................0....................0.......................0..............0
March..........18.................0....................0........................0............18
April...........113.................0....................0........................0...........113
May..............137................0....................0........................0............137

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.