Friday, May 12, 2017

16 miles this morning before heading to Oceanside

I'm an early riser by nature, and my hosts not so much.   It was 59 degrees in LA at 7 AM.  The high temperature at home was predicted to be 53 degrees.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I should get out there on my bike!

I decided to ride along the coast.  I found Jefferson St to be 3 lanes of rather busy commuter traffic so I figured I'd ride the sidewalk in the early morning dim light.  After just a few blocks I decided there was less risk to just turn on my rear blinkie and take the center of the right lane.




I turned right on the Pacific Coast Highway for just a few blocks to Balona Creek and followed the bike path to the ocean. 


June Gloom came a bit early, the sky was grey but it was dry and the temperature was comfortable.


I was surprised to see that the bike path not only went to the beach, but actually proceeded right out onto the beach.


I imagine it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it clear of drifting sand.



I rode south along the beach for several miles.  When I arrived at some power generation plants





I pedaled a bit farther and found some people out enjoying the morning.


 I decided I should turn around.  The team had plans to drive to Oceanside beginning at 10 AM, and I had dallied around enough that if I were to proceed any farther south I'd get late.

It was a fun ride and the last one I'll get for a few days.

............Road Bike........Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ............16................0....................0........................0............16
Jan..............304...............15...................0......................31..........350
Feb................0..................0....................0.......................0..............0
March..........18.................0....................0........................0............18
April...........113.................0....................0........................0...........113
May..............153................0....................0........................0............153

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.