Thursday, June 25, 2015

Will Ride for PIE!

A few weeks ago my investment adviser informed me that his office was having an open house today.  Ok, whatever.  Then he tells me that they will be serving pie and ice cream.  I'm all over that!
He also bikes, and will be joining my Crater Lake ride in August.

Today was warm and sunny, the open house was just a smidge over 30 miles away, and was opening at 3PM.  The route was relatively flat.  A perfect recipe for a fixed gear ride!

It was in the low 90's as I made my way out there.  I only have 1 water bottle on the fixie, but was traveling by many opportunities to refill.

I arrived in Forest Grove and sure enough, they were serving a choice of berry or apple pie with the option of a scoop of ice cream!  They didn't have to twist my arm too hard for me to agree to seconds!  Along with several servings of lemonade, I was good to go.

Most indications were that the temperature was in the low to mid nineties.  I did stop to take a photo of this outlier as I passed through Beaverton. 


I suspect it was reading a couple of degrees high, but it still made a good reason to stop and take a photo.  If the forecast is correct, it will be over 100 degrees this weekend.

It was a good ride on the fixie.  

 .........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
  Today.............63..............0...............4...............0...................63
 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........183.................0................0..............0................183
April..............228...............0................0...............0 ................228
May................200................0...............0...............0.................200   June................173.................0..............26...............0.................173
Total............1765...............0...............26...............0..............1790

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.