Thursday, April 9, 2015

Discovery

I've been on house watch/pet care duty this week near Discovery Park. I finally got a chance to get out for a short ride this afternoon. The dog wasn't sure about my plans to abandon him for a short period of time.


The cats couldn't have cared less. Typical.

It was a beautiful afternoon, the sun was out and the temperature was in the upper 60's.  I was on the fixed gear bike and it didn't take long to realize that Discovery Park has more hills than I remembered!  There were some nice overlooks though.



Discovery Park is a maze of roads, paved trails, and gravel paths.  I picked up a map as I entered the park, but the sign posts weren't helping.  I rode up to a perfect "T" intersection.  I had a choice of going straight ahead, or 90 degrees left or right.  I had no real idea what this sign was trying to tell me.

Good thing I'm a country boy with a good sense of direction.  I scurried back on the chance to join friends on their evening walk, but that didn't happen.

At least the dog was happy to see me return.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............9...............0..............0...............0...................9 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........183.................0................0..............0................183
April...............44................0................0...............0 .................44
Total............1240...............0...............0...............0..............1240

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.