Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lunch ride

 I am still in Seattle.  I awoke to the sound of light rain. The forecast was for light rain this morning turning to heavy rain by early afternoon.  I really need to get some miles in so decided if I had to ride in rain, I'd rather ride in light rain than heavy rain. Since it took me so long to get motivated to ride it seemed to make sense to cycle to lunch.  The Redhook Brewery is about 25 miles out, and I know how to get there,  so that suited me well. I hopped on my rain bike and took off.

It wasn't too bad.  Light rain from time to time, well actually most of the time, but there were stretches with no rain as well.  There was a brisk headwind as I pedaled out the Sammamish River Trail.

I pulled into Redhook, had a bite to eat then turned back around before the weather deteriorated, and before I got cold.

The rain was beginning to pick up a bit, but the wind was at my back. I pedaled along at a brisk pace.  I got back to Queen Anne and climbed the hill in significant rain.

But the end was in sight!

As odd is it seems, it was a good day to be out pedaling, if for no other reason than there will certainly be worse weather than this to ride in, and I'll likely be out in it.



  ............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today..........51..............0.............0..........0..............51  Jan.............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0...........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0..........1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0..........0............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0..........0............730 Oct............825.............0.............0..........0.............825 YTD..........8482.........142...........20.........46............8641 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.