Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday!

 It is Thursday once again, and time for the Thursday Night Ride!
I started from Riverside Park in Sellwood and rode in.
The meeting point is the Salmon Street Springs fountain.
.

It wasn't hard to determine if I had found the right group.


 Tonight  we even had a guy show up with a cargo bike that was converted to a mobile sound system with enough power and ground pounding  bass to echo off the buildings for the duration of our ride.


I guess when I showed up on my fixed gear bike I was mistaken for one of the cool kids.  I was handed an invitation to an alley cat race.

 
We pedaled around town for a couple of hours, taking the lane, and the whole street when necessary.  We were met with more high fives than single digits.

We ended up at Poet's Beach where the obligatory camp fire was created and adult beverages consumed.

The new Tillicum Crossing bridge is not yet officially open, so I backtracked to the Hawthorne Bridge to get back across the Willamette River.

I rode the Eastbank Esplanade and Springwater Trail back to Riverside Park. I stopped as I passed the east end of Tillicum Crossing where I could see campfire of my fellow peddlers across the river.


It was a great night to be on a bike.


.........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
  Today............23..............0...............0...............0.................23
 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........183.................0................0..............0................183
April..............228...............0................0...............0 ................228
May................200................0...............0...............0.................200
June................199.................0..............26...............0.................199

July.................246................0...............0.................0...............246
August............154...............0.................0................0.................154
Total............2185...............0...............26...............0..............2211

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.