Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Kelly Point

I started off the day returning a loaner car and picking up my pickup from a mechanic doing warranty work on it.  I had a few miles between those two locations so brought my mtn bike.  I got 5 miles in.

The reason I brought the bike was that after a day of meetings, I would finish up the day with a group of a dozen folks on a ride out to Kelly Point Park.

As I drove in stop and go traffic through Portland I took this photo of the Willamette River in Portland.


Tonight's ride would go to where the Willamette River met up with the Columbia River.

We started off from the Lucky Lab Tap Room in North Portland.  We rode residential streets for the first few miles, then mostly bike paths for the remainder. The pace for tonight's ride was listed as 13-15 mph.  I figured I could keep up on the mountain bike.  My GPS recorded my top speed as 21!  When we got on a long stretch of path with no turns the leader freed us up to ride our own pace.  Since I didn't know the exact route they'd be taking, I decided I'd better keep up! The knobby tires were singing loudly!

We got to the Columbia River and regrouped.



We pedaled back retracing our route.  Even though I was nearly the lanterne rouge, I stopped at the Bluff near the University of Portland to take a photo of downtown Portland in the distance.


We finished up the ride then regrouped at the Lucky Lab for food and drink.  It was a nice night for a ride!

.......Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......0.................0.................29.....................0............29

Jan.........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb.........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0.................0................0.....................0...............0

April.......0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May.........0..................0................80....................0..............80

June........63..................0................59....................0..............122

July........0...................0................50....................0...............50

YTD..........89...............0................190.....................0.............279

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.