Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Another ride through the forest

A friend called today and wanted to go for a bike ride.  We decided on the Banks-Vernonia State Trail......no cars!

I had to be somewhere that I could take a phone call at 3PM, and I really wanted to be somewhere that I could take notes as well.

We shoved off at 11:30 from the Banks Trailhead. We pedaled along at a reasonable pace, but I had to stop several times to take important phone calls. We arrived at Vernonia in just under 2 hours.  Even with the stops for phone calls that was over an hour faster than the ride two days ago. My friend wanted to use a restroom and grab a bite to eat. I didn't have time for such luxuries. I took a photo of the Nehalem River and bid my friend good bye.


I knew that I had to keep my speed up to make it back in time to take the call. I rode along pretty quickly, only stopping once briefly to get a photo of a fairy circle.


My maximum speed was only 27.6, but I had a more consistent speed today. I ended up timing it just right.  The phone call arrived 4 minutes early, just as I rolled up to my pickup. I ended up having to drive about 4 miles to sign some documents, then returned back to the Banks Trailhead just as my friend rode in.  We both retired to a local watering hole to have shrimp and chips, and a beer.

A perfect way to end the day!


.......Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......42.................0.................0.....................0............42

Jan.........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb.........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0.................0................0.....................0...............0

April.......0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May.........0..................0................80....................0..............80

June........63..................0................59....................0..............122

July........86...................0................50....................0..............178

YTD.........175...............0................190.....................0.............365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.