Friday, July 13, 2018

What is the purpose?

Not exactly sure why I am continuing to keep this blog up. I am riding so few miles this year that it hardly seems worth it. I am crew chief for a 2x mixed team at Race Across Oregon beginning next week, and I find myself in the unusual situation of being completely prepared for that adventure with 4 days to spare. Temperature is predicted to be in the mid 90's today, and of course the sky is blue and cloudless. I took off on the fixed gear bike for a little ride around town early today before it got too warm. There were a lot of people out on the trails enjoying the cooler morning air. As I pedaled up behind this woman who was power walking I was guessing a young female.


I was quite surprised as I passed her to see that she is probably much closer to my age!  Good for her!

I continued to putter around on the bike, slowly, but moving.  I managed to eek out 19 slow miles. I note that the total is just over 9 times the miles I rode all last month.  :-(


........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......19.................0..................7....................0...........19

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0..............79......................0...............79

June........2..................0...............0......................0...............2

July........19.................0...............0......................0...............19

YTD.........59...............0...............154.....................0.............211

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.