Thursday, August 11, 2016

Back on the saddle again

But barely.

I am buried under preparations for the Hoodoo 500.  If I were racing, preparations would involve riding long and hard. Instead I'm crew chief, and my job involves a lot of computer work, booking arrangements, and rental reservations.  My job this time is made more difficult because of moving targets.  I had the route all programmed into my on dash navigation systems, only to have the route change, so I got to start all over.  Oh well, this is fun......  right?

At any rate, after 11 hours on the computer today I decided that I earned a night off to ride bike.  Off to the Thursday Night Ride I went.

The temperature reached 94 today and the evening was still quite comfortable.  Our fearless leader is on an around the world bike ride, so we have rotating guest leaders,

The crowd was not quite as big as normal, but there were still quite a few bikes ready to take the streets.



We rolled out, not surprisingly, on a different route than we frequently ride.  We rode across the Broadway Bridge then turned north on Williams Ave.  We traveled on that until we reached Alberta St then headed east.  When we got to 33rd Ave we turned south.


We stopped at a Fred Meyer store to gather snacks.  While there a cat got a chance to stretch its legs.


By the time everyone got their supplies gathered, it was getting dark.
There was plenty of bike bling though. There were a couple of bikes that had programmable spoke lights that displayed patterns as the wheels turned.  This bike had stationary lights attached to the spoke nipples.

                              

I had been up early this morning and was tired, so as the group settled in to the usual picnic spot, I pedaled back toward Sellwood, where my pickup was waiting.  Along the way I paused to get a photo of Tillicum Crossing, wearing magenta tonight.

It was a great night for a bike ride.

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........21................0..................0.......................0...........21
Jan...............0................0...................0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July........310...............0..................0.......................0...........310
August.......21.............0....................0......................0............21
YTD...... 2039.............0...................0.......................0..........2039

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.