Tuesday, June 28, 2016

To the rescue!

It was going to be another gorgeous day in NW Oregon, just slightly cooler than yesterday, but still in the upper 80's.  This morning I was going over options for a 50-100 mile ride, leaning toward somewhere out by Salem.  While I was winnowing the choices down, my mom notified me that she was having more computer issues.  Suddenly, a 50 mile round trip ride to Hillsboro became the ride for today.

It was 56 degrees as I started out, so I put on a windbreaker.
There was an east wind blowing through The Gorge today and that translates to a north wind in the Willamette Valley south of Portland. It wasn't a big wind, but was noticeable as I rode toward Beaverton.  Once in Beaverton I had tailwinds to Hillsboro. By this time it had warmed up a bit, and so had I.  I stopped and took off the windbreaker.

I fixed mom's computer rather easily, and was on my way back before noon.

As I rode near the Washington County Fairgrounds, I couldn't resist a quick stop for a photo. ;-)


I rode easily against the headwind.  It would have been much more work if I were riding race pace, but I had all afternoon to get home.  When I got to Beaverton I turned south, and enjoyed an increasing tailwind all the way home.

It was a good ride.  Now I've got to come up with a plan for tomorrow!



.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........50................0..................0.......................0............50
Jan...............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........205...............0..................0.......................0...........205
YTD...... 1576.............0...................0.......................0..........1576

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.