Monday, June 27, 2016

Oregon!

Another 90+ degree day was on tap in NW Oregon.  I talked my friend Carol into a ride today, to celebrate sunshine.  She had suggested a hike, but I thought that hiking was taking a step backward on the evolutionary scale.

I had been up shortly before 5AM, but Carol is not a morning person. We finally shoved off about 10:15AM, already 78 degrees.  At Carol's request, I had mapped out a 40-ish mile route.  It was 42.4 miles to be precise.

I rode to the ride, giving me a few bonus miles.

We rode a comfortable pace, holding for the most part, in the mid teens.

As the mileage got larger, and the day got hotter, Carol slowed a bit.  I pressed onward, but waited at turns.

We finally finished up, both happy that the ride was done. Carol was especially happy that her car was still in the shade!


Carol C photo

With my commute to and from, I got 47 miles today, and with the slower pace, I felt great.



.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........47................0...................0.......................0............47
Jan...............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........155...............0..................0.......................0...........155
YTD...... 1526...............0...................0.......................0..........1526

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.