Monday, September 2, 2013

It is not my birthday

But I did ride my 58 mile birthday ride route.

The day dawned with the promise of another nice day.  I posted a last minute invitation to join me on the 58 mile route that a group of us rode last February.



A combination of a holiday weekend, and short notice meant that I would have been surprised if folks could join me.

There was no surprise that I was alone as I pedaled out this morning.  I parked just over a half mile away from the Steel Bridge, my official starting point for today's loop.  The weather was perfect.

I pedaled along at a comfortable pace as I made my way down the banks of the Willamette River to The Bluff by the University of Portland and kept right on going to near Kelley Point Park before turning east and following the Columbia River back upstream.  I crossed over the Interstate Bridge and entered Washington State.  I made my way north and a bit westward through Vancouver and accessed the Burnt Bridge Creek Trail. .  The route takes me back to Oregon via the Glenn Jackson Bridge then follows the remainder of Portland's 40 mile loop.

It was a great day to be out riding, too bad I couldn't convince others to join me.

 ...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............59...........0................0............0.............59 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1300................0...............0..........0.............1300
 Aug................638.............0.................0..........0.............638
 Sept...............122..............0................0...........0.............122
Total...........5053.............0...............0..........0.............5053

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.