Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cold, foggy, not much fun

26 cold miserable miles around Lake Samammish. Freezing fog and a headache added to the misery. Details to follow. (via text message.)

I joined 5 others today on a Cascade Bicycle Club Daily Ride.  Cascade has a very robust ride calendar, offering several rides on most days.

The weather left a little to be desired.  The ride leader left a little to be desired as well. A ride leader is the face of a bike club and it is my belief that ride leaders should be well vetted. Today a new ride leader was finishing the process of becoming a ride leader by co-leading this "mentored ride".

I hope she saw what not to do as well as what to do.

My biggest issue was several instances of what I'd consider unsafe actions.  At least we all came home okay, and no car drivers were overly irate.

I had a headache for most of the ride. It was 32 degrees as we started, and despite a forecast of mid 40's for a high, it was 32 as we finished. There was a few miles where the fog froze on the vegetation and the scene was worth a photo, but I just wanted this ride to be done and any delay to get the camera out of the pack was way down on my list of priorities.

Things will get better. 

    ...........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today.............26..............0.............0..........0..............26 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0.............93

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.