Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Premium Rush

There is a movie out entitled "Premium Rush" about bike messengers.  It is not going to be one of the big blockbusters of our times, but it seemed like a good enough bet to schedule a bike ride to go watch it.

The weather was perfect so I decided to take the long way. :-)  I kept it easy and stayed to roads/paths I had been on before.  I rolled down from Queen Ann to the Fremont Bridge and accessed the Burke-Gilman Trail. I stayed on the B-G Trail all the way out to the Sammamish Trail and took that to Marymoor Park where I retraced Sunday's ride.  When I got to I-90 I got back on trails.  Unlike the Burke-Gilman Trail where I can usually keep a reasonable pace, this was slow going. The straight run across the bridge was fine, but on land there were many trail intersections/options, often laid out as only slight changes in direction rather than sharp turns as a road would do.  I had to zoom my Garmin display in to be able to show more detail to be able to ascertain the route.  By doing so I get much less warning of turns so I had to keep slowing down at intersections to not overshoot before I was given my turn direction.  It was okay, I had time to burn today, but it would have been a bit of a concern had I been in a hurry.  Today however, I was just out for a ride and had plenty of time to look around before I had to be at the theater.

Very near my destination I crossed over Mercer Slough and thought this sight was worth a photo stop.

The leaf debris was a reminder that the rains will be returning soon and I should be cherishing this nice weather.  I certainly did so today.

I arrived at my destination early enough that I had time to stop for a cheeseburger before meeting a friend to watch the movie.  The movie was better than I expected it to be, the day on the bike was much better than I deserved!




............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today..........74..............0.............0..........0...........74 Jan...........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20..........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0.........1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0..........0..........531 Sept..........473..............0.............0..........0..........473 YTD..........7400............142............20.........46.........7569

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.