Sunday, October 31, 2010

A mountain bike to Mountaindale



A good time indeed! I joined Art's Butts on Bikes "Two Phase Ride" today. I brought the mountain bike because I figured I ought to be able to maintain the 15-16mph advertised pace and also because I picked up a piece of glass in my tubular tire on the carbon bike yesterday and haven't changed it yet.

Art had a good turnout as well as perfect weather for his ride.


I managed to hang with the group, even managed to hang with the faster breakaway group, but stopped to post the audio addition to the blog at the beginning of this post, as well as do a bit of texting back and forth with a friend.



I knew that we were approaching the Mountaindale out and back and knew I could just turn around when I met the rest of the group coming back the other way.

As it ended up, the group had fragmented and was coming back down the ever so slight grade in groups of 2-3. I kept riding up the hills until I was about 1.5 miles from the gravel turnaround when I decided that it was all the farther I needed to go.

I turned around and met back up with a half dozen or so riders at the Mountaindale Store. We rode back along our route together.

I think they were humoring me a bit, the last 10 miles we were in a pace line....with me on a mountain bike leading a train of road bikes!

We all ended up back at Cornelius Pass Roadhouse for an after ride "debriefing".



It was a good day, and I did manage to get my 900 miles for the month. If I were still working hard at biking I would have been sure to get 1000 miles,...... but I'm not. I'm just a guy on a bike!

It was the longest ride I've ever been on while riding the mtn bike.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........54...............0...............0..........54
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.......1000...............0................0.........1000
Sept......1002...............0................0.........1002
Oct........905...............0................0..........905
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....9185...............0..............5.........9190

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.