Friday, November 13, 2009

rain, rain, ride, rain

The weather has been a bit, shall we say, "drippy", but mostly I've been a combination of lazy and busy. Early tomorrow morning I lead a century ride with about 5000 ft of climbing in the first 50 miles. As luck would have it, it is predicted to be the only dry day in the last 10 or so.

I've spent the last few days getting ready for bike rides but not actually riding. I've been putting together details for a 400 mile ride I will joining the end of December in the San Diego area.

Looks to be a lot of fun. (and much drier than NW Oregon this time of year!)
If this looks fun to you register for the ride and join us! If you put me down as referrer I'll split the referral fee with you.

I also picked up some new winter cycling clothes. I found a good buy on a waterproof helmet cover, long cycling pants, and thermal skull cap with ear coverings. Now looking for a Showers Pass jacket..... on recommendation of my Oregon Randonneur friends. I used to have a nice set of neoprene shoe covers...until some scum broke into my pickup and took them along with a LOT of other stuff. My replacement shoe covers have never worked as well and aren't holding up either so I'm probably going to put those on my wishlist too!

I've been working on some vexing problems with this blog too. Seems that only about half the stuff on the right hand side is showing up. Where's my blog archive? Where's the list of followers? Where's the listing of organized rides for about 4 of the missing months? I'll keep muddling through it and see if I can figure it out.

And finally, take a look at THIS VIDEO of a guy who rides with helmet cams on all the time........and why you may wish to do so also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.