Sunday, October 25, 2009

a month off, more or less

I've been busy with life's details and with the pressure of training for the `09 Furnace Creek 508 now past and the seasonal downturn in the weather taking place I just haven't been on the bike much in the last few weeks.

I did plan on riding with my social bike group this morning for a short two hour ride that promised to include some significant climbing. The weather was predicted to be dry in the early morning, changing to rain later in the morning.

It's tough to get a large number of folks in my social bike group out on the road this time of year and today was no exception. There were only two of us planning on riding today.

As it ended up, the trip leader was feeling under the weather and went to bed early the night before............only to sleep until 11 AM this morning!

So I sat in the predawn darkness waiting in vain for him to arrive for the 7AM start.

At 7:30 I finally decided I'd just as well ride.

I just tootled around the Scholls/Tigard area for a bit. I got in a 34 mile ride before deciding to cheer on a friend who was participating in the Run Like Hell half marathon in Portland. Then I went out to Hillsboro to watch Cyclocross.

I did manage to miss any rain on my ride. It didn't begin raining until I got to Cyclocross...... and those folks LIKE rain!

I'll have to start getting down to training for next year's Furnace Creek 508 soon, but I probably needed some time off the bike just to "reset".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles Today
.................34...............0.................34
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1603.....+.........0........=......1603
Sept total.....1403.....+.........0........=......1403
October.........487.....+.........0........=.......487
Year to date...9096.....+.........30.......=......9126 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.