Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A respite

I got a brief respite from my race planning this afternoon as I waited for some decisions from my racers.  The temperature was 62 degrees!  I jumped on the fixed gear bike and went for a spin.  I had considered shorts and short sleeves, but chickened out and wore long pants and a light weight long sleeved jersey.

I took off toward the Willamette River.  My first stop, the site of Alphonso Boone's ferry.


I took a path under I-5 then pedaled through neighborhood streets.  Most of the homes here had waterfront property with the associated views.  I managed to find one vacant lot, where the view was mine for the taking.


I crossed over Wilsonville Rd and rode into Graham Oaks Park.  The park is now owned and managed by Metro Oregon's regional government that deals with land use planning and livability issues , among other things.


As I was reading the historical signs, I felt the first drops of rain.  I didn't have anything close to rain gear along, so I started planning my exit.

The roads were wet by the time I finished up, and my jersey was wet through, but at least I wasn't cold.




............Road Bike........Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ...........11................0....................0........................0...........11
Jan..............304...............15...................0......................31..........350
Feb................0..................0....................0.......................0..............0
March..........18.................0....................0........................0............18
April............61.................0....................0........................0............61

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.