Saturday, December 5, 2015

Wet and wet, or clear and cold?

That seems like the common choices this time of year, though I suppose wet and cold is an option as well, but we won't talk about that!

Today was a warm and wet day. There was rain predicted in the morning, with mid day clearing, then rain precicted again by late afternoon.

I hadn't been on a bike since November so I really needed to get out for a ride. As predicted it was raining this morning.  I readied the rain bike, geared up in rain wear, and headed out to ride 40-60 miles.

I started out from Sellwood Riverfront Park in light rain and mid 50's and began riding the 40 mile loop.  I was committed to riding at least 40 miles, with the option of adding miles to Boring and back if the weather actually dried out, or if at least I wasn't too cold and wet when I got to the point I had to choose.

It rained continuously.  It never rained hard, but it did rain nonstop.  I was dressed in full on Oregon mode.  I had a rain coat, rain pants, goretex booties and gloves, and a waterproof helmet cover. My phone was in a waterproof case, and my wallet was in a ziplock bag.

Despite the incessant rain, when I got to the I-205 path/Springwater Corridor intersection I decided that I would take the turn east to Boring, adding about 25 miles to the trip.  With my clothing choices I really wasn't all that uncomfortable. It helped that it was nearly 60 degrees.

I didn't take my gloves off or take the phone out of the waterproof case, so no photos, but it was a pretty grey and dismal day anyway.

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .......65...............0...............0.............0............65
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov...........504..............0..............20.............0...........524
Dec...........65...............0...............0.............0............65
_________________________________________
total.......5080.............0.............118............0...........5198

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.