Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Last Commuter Ride

The job hasn't ended, but my chances to bike commute for the next few weeks have.  I've got errands to run tomorrow that require a vehicle, and Friday I'm taking off on a road trip directly after my duties.

I did my best to enjoy today's ride.  It was also the third day in a row with highs over 70.  I got into a few spirited chase games with the real commuters.  They were strong, but were outgunned.  They had heavier bikes with full fenders, and most had flat bars.  Being proud, I didn't want a mere commuter to catch me, and being the "Desert Coyote" I wanted to catch every rider in front of me.  Success on all fronts.

I carried my "real" camera today, having been merely getting by with the cell phone the last week as the fall colors were exploding.  Already, today I could see that the best is past.  Many leaves are now turning away from the bright reds and oranges, and are now simply brown, or falling.  There were big banks of fallen leaves along Terwilliger Blvd.

I took one photo as I came back into Cook Park this evening.  Not so much that it was a good photo op, but more that I felt I had to take a photo of something since I had carried the camera today. The sun was just setting, but the clear sky didn't give much sunset color.


Just a few minutes later I took another one as I crossed the lazy river.  The camera gathered much more light than was actually there.  I didn't want to take time to make adjustments.


  ...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............28...........0................0............0.............28 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1300................0...............0..........0.............1300
 Aug................638.............0.................0..........0.............638
 Sept...............232..............0................0...........0.............232
 Oct...............272...............0................0...........0..............272 Total...........5435.............0...............0..........0.............5435


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.