Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Traffic

I was to join a half dozen of my social bike group tonight on a weekly ride that Paul J leads in the Corbet area. Unfortunately, navigating horrendous traffic meant that I missed the group's start time by 30 minutes. :-(

The weather was great, after a record high today of 94 it had cooled off reasonably by the 6pm ride time. I may not have been able to ride with the group, but the roads were still there so I hopped on the bike and pedaled. I knew the group was planning on modifying the normal hilly route tonight and riding out to Multnomah Falls and back.
I figured I'd ride our normal hillier route then hopefully catch up with the group as they pedaled back on the Historic Highway.

I climbed the hills, Woodard, Mershon, Louden. When I reached the Historic Columbia Gorge Highway I backtracked a couple of hundred yards to take a photo of the Vista House from that spot on Chanticleer Point where a million photos have been taken. (photo to be added later) I then pedaled down to the Vista House to see if I could hook up with my riding buddies as they pedaled back from Multnomah Falls. I waited there until 8:15, chatting with folks, but had not seen my buddies. I wasn't sure that my friends had stuck to their plan as it was a little "soft" the last I heard. I might sit there another hour only to find that they never were in that area. I figured I'd need the time to get back to Edgefield before dark so I shoved off. There was a pretty good tail wind on the way back and I took advantage of that as well as the descent in elevation. I reached Edgefield just as the sun went down.

As it ended up my friends pedaled in about 9:30 PM. They had indeed gone to the falls, they just got later than they expected.

I got a good ride in, just wish I would have got there in time to ride with company.



............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......35................0...............0...........35
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July.......207...............0................0..........207
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....5463...............0..............5.........5468

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.