Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 50-A Lock Loop

Today would be my 50th consecutive day on the bike.  I thought it would be fitting to ride to Red Hook Brewery and back, an easy 50 mile ride.  However, dinner guests tonight meant that I would feel guilty riding all day when there was work to be done to have everything ready.

So instead I shared in some house chores, then took off shortly after noon.

It had been raining most of the morning, and continued to do so as the day progressed.  It was a wet ride, but it was 48 degrees, pretty warm for late December.

I got down to the locks, normally a busy place with tourists and boat traffic. Today not so much.


Bicyclists are required to walk their bikes while on this Federal property so I walked my bike across the paths and walkways to get across the ship canal.

Once on the other side I had the choice of riding around Magnolia or turn left and head back toward Queen Anne.  The weather was still grey and drizzle filled.  I thought there might be an interesting photo somewhere along Magnolia, but instead turned left in the interest of time.

As I pedaled along the path next to nautical related businesses I noticed that the fire personnel training facility had a training in progress.  Being the longest serving Fire District Director in Oregon I found it interesting and worth watching.






The training officer noticed me there in my reflective vest and helmet cover, and said I looked like I was ready. did I want to put on a air pack and join in?  I told him I was a Fire District Director in Oregon, we both had a good laugh.


Having done enough fire training to make my trip tax deductible I pedaled on.  ;-)

I rode back up Queen Anne the Kralik Way and arrived back at 4 minutes to 4PM, 4 minutes earlier than my deadline.

As is most often the case, the weather  was not nearly as bad as it might have appeared.  I was warm enough and dry despite the rain.  You can't ask for much more when riding in December.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............14...............0..............0...............0..............14 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............360.................0..............0...............0...........360 Total..........6536...............0..............0...............0...........6536

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.