Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 48- A Loop to Lincoln

It was going to be a rainy day, and increasingly so as the day progressed.  I finally got on the bike (wearing wet weather gear) by late morning. I rode down the south side of Queen Anne, across the pedestrian/bike overpass to get across the multiple train tracks, and accessed the Elliot Bay Trail at Myrtle Edwards Park (if you click on the park's link you be brought to nice photos than I would have been able to get today in the rain and low clouds).

I continued past Seattle's tunnel fiasco and all the detours caused by that project. One thing that the linked Wikipedia article doesn't mention yet is that as workers pumped out water from the rescue pit the water table was lowered and surrounding city blocks have settled nearly 2 inches.

Having successfully negotiated the construction zone I crossed the Duwamish Waterway and proceeded to West Seattle.  I made my way out to Alki Point and continued southward to Lincoln Park.  The climb out of Lincoln Park was steep, I saw 18%,  but thankfully short lived.

I pedaled along Faunterloy and rolled down Avalon then crossed the West Seattle Bridge.  I made my way back along Elliot Bay and followed the Elliot Bay Trail to the Ship Canal Trail.  

When I got back to 3rd Ave W I turned up, thinking I was going to take the Kralik Way, but changed my mind at the last minute.  The challenge of a three quarter mile long 8% gradient hill awaited.

Up I went.  Once at the top I had only 1 mile ride left to finish up today's ride.


The 48th consecutive day on the bike was wet, but not all that bad.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............32...............0..............0...............0..............32 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............335.................0..............0...............0...........335 Total..........6511...............0..............0...............0...........6511

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.