Wednesday, December 17, 2014

47 consecutive days on the bike- A Scouting Trip

I'm attending a screening of "Unbroken" this evening in downtown Seattle.  Parking is a adventure in patience and luck, bike parking is not secure, buses are too easy, and at over a dollar per mile for this trip would be a little pricey.  I decided that a two mile walk would do me good.

Since I "needed" bike ride today I decided to scout my route. (my mom reminds me regularly that I don't "need" to ride bike, but that's a story for another time)

I started toward downtown from Queen Anne.  Rather than the route down Taylor that I'd normally take, I took steep streets, some to 22%, since that was the most direct way, the way I would be walking.  In many cases there were stairs instead of sidewalks.  I had a few dead ends to contend with, but eventually made it to Mercer Street at the bottom.  From the corner of 5th Ave and Mercer I could see 8 construction cranes.  There is a lot of construction going on in the South Lake Union area. Too bad I didn't have any way to take a photograph. Once off the hill I rode easily south on 5th Avenue to Pine.  The movie will be shown at Pacific Place on 6th and Pine.

Having successfully scouted tonight's hike I rode back up to Mercer and angled over toward Elliot Ave with a little detour over through Kinnear Park.  I entered Kinnear Park in the "Upper Kinnear Park" and rode the path to the "Lower Kinnear Park".  The trail between the two turned into a gravel path for a short distance.  The views were pretty good, again I wished I would have had a camera with me.

I got on Elliot Ave and pedaled a short distance before deciding wind my way up the hill.


It was a fun exploratory ride. Having accomplished my goal, I rode back to make preparations for the walk to the movie.


On the 47th consecutive day on the bike I got a staggering 9 miles.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............9...............0..............0...............0...............9 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............303.................0..............0...............0...........303 Total..........6489...............0..............0...............0...........6489

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.