Thursday, May 29, 2008

shame shame shame

It's been a tough week for me to get on the bike. Combination of busy with life, and just no impetus. (darn bike pansy has been lobbying hard!) I stopped by my local bike shop (LBS=Olsons)and the owner said he felt the same way this week. Must be something in the water. In the meantime one of my Race Across Oregon teammates is in hard into training for this weekends Team Time Trial. His team has been out on one hour training rides averaging 28-29 mph.

Talk about a call to action!
Shamed me into feeling I had to ride something somewhere.
I hopped on the artificial bike at the gym. 1 hour, 23 "miles", and a new found appreciation for the road bike.

I have a meeting from early morning until noon. Won't be back to my bike until around 1:30PM, but be assured that if I possibly can, I'll be back on it tomorrow!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............0..............23
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........2388....+.......743....=.........3131

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.