Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the calm before the storm

I had a meeting in Portland all morning, now taking the afternoon to update my bike safety presentation that I have to present this Saturday evening. Tomorrow I chair a 1PM meeting in Salem, but am going to get an early start to the day by riding 80 miles with my bike buddy in the morning before the meeting. We plan on leaving Chemeketa Community College shortly after 6AM and riding Salem Bicycle Club's Peach of a Century route (100km version) then an out and back to bring us up to 80 miles. I have a 24 Hour Fitness "all club" membership and will take the opportunity to shower at the club just down the road from Chemeketa before heading over to the meeting near the Capital Building. Other than the bike locked in the back of the pickup, my meeting cohorts may never suspect that I just got done hammering out 80 miles! The weather guys say tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90's. Doesn't look like it now, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.