Monday, January 26, 2015

A Tourist

Today was going to be another gorgeous day.  I decided to ride to Alki Beach, one of the more scenic routes in the area, IMHO.

I rode down 3rd Ave W then along the Ship Canal Trail.  The sun was shining on Seattle today!


I turned onto the Elliot Bay Trail where to the right were views of Puget Sound,


and to the left were the tall buildings of downtown Seattle.


I continued south along the waterfront where I went past the site where Bertha is either being rescued, or buried, depending on who you talk to.

All the red apparatus is involved with the Bertha rescue.
I crossed the Duwamish Waterway Superfund Site where looking downstream I had this view:


Turning around and looking upstream gave this view:


As I made my way along Alki Point the views were across Elliot Bay toward downtown Seattle.


It looked every bit like a Summer afternoon as I rode along Alki Beach, it was nearly 70 degrees.


I stopped by the monument commemorating where in 1851 a group of Portlanders came north and founded Seattle.


I stopped for lunch at Pepperdocks

After lunch I continued around the point.



Mt Rainier peeks over the top of the ridge
When I reached Oregon street it was time to turn around.  I had played a tourist today, taking nearly 4 hours to make it out here. Now I turned around and retraced my route back, except that I took the Kralik Way up Queen Anne rather than the steady grind up 3rd Ave W making the trip in just over an hour.

It was a stupendous way to spend my 87th consecutive day on the bike.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............37...............0..............0...............0..................37 Jan...............637...............0...............0...............0...............637
Total............637...............0...............0...............0...............637

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.