Saturday, August 3, 2013

Back to nice weather, and to the Backyard Triathlon.

A friend hosted a low key triathlon today starting from Lost Lake near Mt Hood.

The rain yesterday lasted exactly for the 90 minutes we biked. Today was gorgeous!



I provided kayak support for those swimming, hey, I used to swim, but I ride bike now!

I had a chance to paddle around before the swimmers took to the water.


The racers raced, I paddled around and took photos. ;-)


Following the last swimmer's exit from the water, I loaded my kayak up, and got on the bike.  Good thing I wasn't a serious competitor.  My transition time was slow!

This had to be right up there with the most beautiful rides I've done. We rode the first 15 miles or so in the Mt Hood National Forest as we made our way eastward into the Hood River Valley. Once in the valley the route wound around through scenic pear orchards.

Okay, so the plants in the foreground aren't pear trees, the pears (and the view) are behind them!

It is the Hood River VALLEY, and in order to have a valley there have got to be hills. ;-)




After making a circuit of the Mid Hood River Valley we began the climb back up to Lost Lake.  On the return leg we did this via Whatum Lake.  The road was barely 8 feet wide in places.  It was as if we had our very own bike path.


The group was so far out in front of me that I never saw any of them during my ride, but I had FUN!



...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today...............57...........0................0............0.............57 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1300................0...............0..........0.............1300
 Aug.................73.............0.................0..........0..............73
Total...........4366.............0...............0..........0.............4366

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.