Thursday, February 12, 2009

biking!

Well, that's what I should be doing. Instead "life issues" have been in the forefront this week. :-( But I have been thinking about what bikes I should be setting up for the October's Furnace Creek 508! Also been thinking about this Saturday's "Training Ride" that I'm leading............the question is are there going to be any followers! Seems that Valentines Day is an issue for some. ;-)
On Sunday I will be riding 200k+ with the Oregon Randonneurs.

For now I'll just sit here on an extended lunch with my sister and a few Black Butte Porters! ;-)


Miles today?

Zip

5 comments:

  1. I logged 6.8 miles on the bike.

    and 6.8 miles walking back.

    I hadn't been paying attention.

    I'd worn the chain out (again) as well as the rear cassette (and maybe the triple ring)

    She's in the shop now, and should be out in time for Chilly Hilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer!

    My chain is just now beginning to reach 1.5% wear. Probably time to at least start to think about putting my new chain on. I've been storing it in my bike parts for over two years now! I'm not sure why my chain doesn't wear as much as many others' but I won't complain...... or change my maintenance. I've got about 20,000 miles on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks when you discover it's bad on a ride.

    Of course, you probably maintain your bike better than I do.

    I have a 450 sq ft apartment and no yard, so I don't do maintenance as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't mind email me when the repairs are finished and let me know what it cost to get it back in riding shape. I give bike safety presentations (that includes bike maintenance issues) and could use data like that along with the photos I have that show worn sprockets and wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not the person to ask.

    I get a discount as an employee of an outdoor retailer that deals with bikes among other things, AND when I take my bike into the shop "my personal mechanic" (a friend who works for the company)tears it down and rebuilds it every time even if I'm just having a flat fixed.

    It still ain't cheap...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.