Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 21 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I'm in Seattle to help Julie celebrate her birthday.  Unlike most of us that have a birthDAY, she likes to celebrate a birthWEEK, or even a birthMONTH if she could get away with it. :-)

Tonight there is a little celebration event happening but I needed to get out on the bike since I'm still all in on the #ridingeverydayinNovember challenge. 

Being in Seattle, there should be no surprise that it is not freezing and there is not 7 feet of snow on the ground as there is in other parts of the country, but it is raining!  I had no place in particular to ride but decided that a short ride around Queen Anne while snagging a few photos for my fellow #ridingeverydayinNovember riders would be a good goal.

I started off with a short few blocks to look over the east side of Queen Anne.

The rain bike with Lake Union below
Lake Union in the foreground, Lake Washington farther back through the mist.
I dropped down a bit in elevation and proceeded around Queen Anne in a counter-clockwise direction.  The Ballard Locks and ship canal are at the northern base of Queen Anne, but I could not get a view of that from where I was.
From the top of Queen Anne, all roads lead down!
I continued around in search of views off the west side.  I found a location where I could look across to Magnolia.


In just a few more blocks and I was looking into Elliot Bay.



After a bit more riding and searching, I was able to get a view off the south side of Queen Anne to Seattle's iconic Space Needle.


 With the rain continuing to fall, and my circuit of Queen Anne complete, it was time to get dried off and warmed up.

Day 21 of #ridingeverydayinNovember was in the books.



...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............8...............0..............0...............0..............8 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............492...............0..............0...............0............492 Total..........6028...............0..............0...............0...........6028

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.