Saturday, May 5, 2012

an alternate 100 miles

Many of my friends were riding the Ride Around Clark County (RACC) today.  There were varying length options, but the folks I ride with were mostly riding the century route. With the price of gas, the reduction in wages, and the time involved to drive there, I decided to ride closer to home today.  In fact, I began my ride from the driveway.  I rode the Wilsonville Century route, but in the reverse direction of normal, because ODOT (or maybe Feds, it IS on the interstate) has been changing the Wilsonville interchange on I-5, and what used to be a relatively safe crossing of the Boone Bridge now is dicey southbound, and totally unacceptable northbound.

I started off southbound over the Boone Bridge and rode the flat part of the route first, leaving the 4500 feet of climbing for the last half of the ride. :-O



The weather wasn't quite as good as predicted.  It was mostly cloudy all day, and the clouds were moisture laden and dark.  I had a few scattered drops of rain from time to time, but no real rain showers.

With a bit of riding to get to the official unofficial route, I ended up with 102 miles for the day.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......102..............0.............0..........0...........102
 Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010
 May............116..............0..............0..........0...........116
 YTD........2469............142.............0.........46.........2632

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.