Monday, April 9, 2012

recovery ride

I'm enough out of shape that I could feel my legs a bit today after yesterday's effort. Not sore, just... tired. Thought it might be good to go out for an easy pedal. I thought maybe Portland's 40 Mile Loop. I texted a friend as I prepared to leave seeing if perhaps she might want to join me. I started near the Willamette River and met her in the mid east side. We pedaled easy, catching up on life's details, her new boyfriend, my .. well nothing to report for me. We did have a nice visit as we took in the wonderful evening. We rode over Mt Tabor, then over to Rocky Butte and did two repeats. We then headed back to NE where she had to check in for mom duty. I pedaled back to the river. I noted that it must have been just what I needed, an easy pedal, a few hills, a little bit of spirited riding on the way back to her place through the neighborhoods. It was all good.

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........38..............0.............0..........0...........38
Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536
March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
April.......267..............0.............0..........0..........267
YTD........1509............142.............0.........46.........1697

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.