Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fun

When I rolled across the finish line of the Furnace Creek 508, and simultaneously qualified for Race Across America, many posed the question; "So what are your plans for next year?". I think they were expecting a run at RAAM. Instead I answered; "I don't know, but I do know one thing, I'm not going to ride when it's not fun"

Tonight was fun!

It was Tuesday, and as such, it was time for Rocky Butte hill repeats for my social bike club again. I got off work on schedule again so I had time to commute to the ride by bike.

As I rode along the I-205 bike path I struck up a conversation with a gal who was riding a bike with flat pedals. She rode better than her gear would indicate. We cruised along for several miles before she veered off for her neighborhood, but not before I invited her to join our little social bike group, and gave her the link to this blog! Probably more than she bargained for!


I got to Rocky Butte about 15 minutes before the ride was scheduled to begin. I noted a vehicle that looked familiar. Dan had arrived and was already riding his repeats. As I was pedaling around waiting for Dan to come back down Monica rode up.
Looked like it was just going to be three of us tonight. No problems, the hill would still be there. ;-)

Before too long she and I began our first trip up the hill. As we were pedaling up Dan was speeding down the hill. We exchanged a quick smile and nod of the head. Monica and I continued up.

It was another nice night for a ride. There were clouds around but temperatures where in the low 70's and the clouds made for some pretty effects.

(as always, you can click on this photo to view full size with an option to zoom in)

We pedaled up and down that hill a half dozen times, and had a good visit doing so. Sometimes there is more value in a ride than just seeing how fast or how far you can ride. This was one of those times.

It was a fun night.

and I'm still closing in on that 1000 miles for the month number. :-O

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........68..............0.............0..........0..........68
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June........980..............0............10..........0.........990
YTD........4017..............0............37..........7.........4060

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.