Friday, May 27, 2011

A pleasant surprise

A few evenings ago I tangled with a car who intentionally slammed on the brakes in a blind corner in a tunnel ahead of me. The driver flipped me off then fled the scene. I called the police to report the hit and run. I really didn't expect much effort to be expended on this as I wasn't injured and there was no obvious damage to my bike.

Today I was pleasantly surprised with a phone call from a Portland Police investigator who was working on the case. He reported to me that he has located the car, located the house it's based at, and is familiar with the driver. Seems that the 18 year old driver has a history of run ins with the police. He also has a history of making himself not available for questioning. The officer said he has tried several times to contact the driver to no avail but would continue to try to contact him.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope, a guy like this probably has learned to stay pretty low. Depending on how long this incident stays on the books maybe the next time this guy is stopped for something this will show up and he'll get tagged for this as well.

I still don't hold out a lot of hope, but am very surprised, and thankful, that the Portland Police have put out the effort to chase this down to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.