Friday, April 8, 2011

Rolling on the rain bike

A friend and I watched a perfect biking day pass as we toiled for our daily bread. We made a pact to ride tonight after work. Of course with plans to bike it ended up being a long day at work. I didn't get out the door until I was 2.5 hours past due. That put me late, but my friend was gracious. We pedaled off just as the sun was going down.


We tootled around the urban neighborhood then turned toward Rocky Butte. As we climbed Rocky Butte we were treated to a nice sunset over the city.

It was such a nice evening that my friend decided we should do hill repeats.
Okay, so not a lot of repeats, but more than one or it wouldn't be a repeat! ;-)
The view toward Mt Adams from the summit of Rocky Butte was worth a photo stop.


We had our lights and used them as we made our second descent of the butte and continued as we rode back to our starting location.

I rode my new "rain bike" just to put a few miles on it and see if I needed to tweak anything before taking it up to the Daffodil Ride near Tacoma on Sunday. Tonight was perfect biking weather, Sunday is predicted to be more weather appropriate for a rain bike.



..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........15..............0.............0..........0..........15
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......141..............0.............0..........0.........141
YTD.......1657...............0............21..........7........1685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.