Saturday, April 17, 2010

one down

Since my weekday riding is now limited and I still have these crazy riding goals I've been trying to ride two centuries each weekend. It won't always be possible but I did manage to do it last weekend, and have the first one checked off the list this weekend with plans to ride another tomorrow.

Today I had a mid morning meeting in Salem so took the opportunity to commute to Salem by bike. It was a nice ride. I picked up just a bit of headwind for the last 25 miles but still managed to hold just over a 19 mph average all the way there.

After the meeting was over I took a longer route back. I didn't have anything particularly planned other than reaching 100 miles for the day. I pedaled a few new roads to me as well as crossed the Gallon House covered bridge.



After leaving Salem I managed to pedal through Silverton, Mt Angel, Monitor, Needy, Mollala, Liberal, and Canby. I was still a bit short of the 100 mile mark so I took a few "wrong turns" to add a few zigs and zags as I neared the end. I ended up with 100.3 miles. Good enough for today!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today......100................0.............0.........100
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......570...............0..............0.........570
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2834...............0..............5.........2839

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.