Saturday, February 13, 2010

introducing..............

my Race Across Oregon partner! But first a recap of the day.

I led my Training Series again today. 11 of the 18 that were affirmative RSVP's last night showed up. I suspect that the first rainy day of the training series had something to do with it. No problem, we shoved off on time and rode anyway. It wasn't too bad, ya a bit wet, but most were prepared and it wasn't cold. We rode from Forest Grove out around Hagg Lake and back. With "rolling regroups" for faster riders I ended up with 35 miles with a 17 mph average. Most of the "class" did well today. While missing the "clock time" 15 mph goal they were close. Not bad at all considering the hills and the rain.

We had a short post ride lunch at Grand Lodge then my Race Across Oregon teammate and I were the only ones to opt for the bonus miles today. We rode another 35 miles out to Woodland Loop and back. A nice route, no rain on us this afternoon and a good climb up the backside of Woodland Loop.

When we got to the top my partner took advantage of the photo op.



After she got the picture with her phone, I got a picture of her with MY phone!
Introducing my 2010 Race Across Oregon teammate on a 2x adventure.......... Lauren!



She is a strong rider and more importantly has the same loose screw that all endurance cyclists do. "I'm tired, I'm sore, I'm hungry, I'm hot, I want to go home.....but for some reason only fathomable by those who do these things.... you ride on...and on....and on.

I am proud to have her join me in the RAO adventure.


Today's combined trips, mileage 70, elevation 3737 ft, 16.3 mph "on bike" average.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.........TOTAL
Today.......70................0.................70
Jan........618...............0................618
Feb........297...............0................297
_________________________________________
TOTAL......913...............0................913

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.