Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Short ride, good hill training.....

....and maybe a gps mapped ride.
I'm on my second Garmin GPS. This one is thanks to the folks at Bicycling Magazine who want me to log some rides for them. I've been having issues getting this one (and the previous one!) to communicate with my computer using the provided Training Center software. Garmin's tech NON support isn't much help. I think they read the first sentence of my email then send a canned response. After talking with the folks at Bicycling Magazine today I am using an alternative way to work with this. I don't have all the functionality of a "working" Training Center, but at least I can upload ride data now.

Today I went out for a short ride mid afternoon because I have an evening meeting and have to miss the hill interval ride with my social bike group, and because I wanted some data to test the upload process. I chose to ride Iowa Hill from our Sunday ride. I rode a loop from Cornelius out to Iowa Hill,(Mt Hood and a fun descent straight ahead!)
down Unger Rd ......where I set another speed record on my road bike... 50.8 mph!


Then back on Simpson Rd/Johnson School Rd.
(farm workers in a grass seed field with Mt Saint Helens in the distance)

I ended up with 18 miles, 977 ft of climbing, and a 16.4 mph average. Progress is coming slowly but surely. Furnace Creek 508 is 6 months away.

If all goes well, today's route and ride data is here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............18...............0.................18
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....150.....+.........0........=.......150
Year to date...2160.....+.........30.......=......2190
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 comments:

  1. I've found Garmin tech support to be far more helpful in response to a phone call than to emails. Call early in the morning for best results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience too. That's what finally got it fixed for me. The tech actually listened to what I said was happening.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.